throttle body spacer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Weicht

Reaction score
anyone have any suggestions for a good throttle body spacer for an 02 ST? or would you not suggest getting one at all? lookin for input

TB spacers are USELESS on the ST 4.0L Doesn't do squat when the engine isn't carbureted.

WASTE of time, money and any other thing you can think of...

I lost 2 RWHP on the dyno with this one..

[Broken External Image]:

Todd Z

Todd's right, pretty much everyone you will talk to will tell you that on our engines, it sucks.

I asked the same question some time ago, and I only found one that suggested it, but only becouse "they make the same sound as turbo's, thats cool.":huh:

yea, don't get one.

Andy,

I believe on the 95 it eliminates the EGR and is a larger diameter.....

if thats the case, then YES it will..

Todd Z

My '94 302 had an egr valve...

Back when I use to take alot mustang mags. The tb spacer was tested on several 302's. The only ones to gain were the carburated ones.

Ed,

What year was it then that the spacer was the eliminator and larger ?? was it 85 I am thinking of ?? with speed density or the later 89 with the MAF ???

Todd Z

Todd, the egr spacer was eliminated on the 302 t-birds and '94-'95 302 stang. They mounted the egr valve right on the upper plenum after the TB. The '88 stang in CA. was MAF. The rest of us were speed density until '89..

ok, then it was the earlier ones I am thinking of...

Tx

Todd Z