• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vehicle For Sale Throwing out the idea of a trade

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OvalSports

2010 Adrenalin
Reaction score
My freshly repainted black 2010 STA 4.6 RWD is about to hit 110,000. Maintenance is 100% up to date along with new ignition coils, new radiator, and new red calipers. I love it, but I’m thinking of doing a partial trade for STA V6.
Any interest out there?

Attachments

• E92D6E6C-03AC-47BE-9867-0F5A75A61F02.jpeg
    E92D6E6C-03AC-47BE-9867-0F5A75A61F02.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 19B35D87-5B99-4106-A03A-4B01C90D8193.jpeg
    19B35D87-5B99-4106-A03A-4B01C90D8193.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 89
you actually wanna go backwards ???

I just smoked the front timing chain in my black V6 XLT, but im up in NY. not sure what Im doing with it yet. its basically completely rebuilt suspension, all new seals and axles, bearings, brakes, Zero leaks, interior is 99% exterior is 95%, no cab corner rust, complete new suspension and all... 120K

If it was an STA, I would work a deal. Unfortunately it’s impossible to get replacement body parts to convert it.

My goal is to get the mustang Coyote swap completed in a month (half way there now), and start the search for a truck to do another swap on.

That would be a project. But why not use the 4.6L 2010 STA for the project? If you are going swap out the engine to a Coyote engine you might have to swap out the transmission too. I see that you can get a long block Coyote engine for $9K from Jeg's and probably use the accessories from the removed engine. I think you could supercharge the 4.6L for a bit less with a lot less labor involved and still get around 400 hp. I really don't see the need for a STA unless you just like the look. It's only cosmetic changes to the ST.

I like the look and the VIN that it is an original STA. Yes; the tranny would most likely be a 6spd, but possibly a 10R80 if the electronics will work.
The Coyote has much more power, fuel economy, stronger tranny, and the headers fit. I haven’t seen anyone successfully install headers on the Explorer 4.6.

the Vin says nothing.... it says its a limited.... with a body kit...… you will need motor and trans, then integrate the computer into the existing computer for all the dam electronics to work. the one guy that did it went with a manual 2wd due to the complications with the computers.... the 6r60 and 6r80 can use a standalone computer too.....

Really looking for a STA Coyote project, I just can’t justify pulling this 4.6 which will give another 100k* miles.
It has aftermarket navigation and Bluetooth.

Last edited:
4 minutes ago
I can appreciate a project plan. My current one is a 2002 Lincoln Blackwood (80000miles) that has been ongoing for 12 years. But, is there a number that you would agree to for selling the STA? :cool:
LincolnBlackwood3.jpg

I was looking for a Blackwood when I found my 2004 Sport Trac. But, all I found in this area were relatively uncared for and shabby.

Latest posts