TIC,TIC,TIC

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjwill123

Supporting Member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
After working a 12 hour shift in a non-air conditioned security shack in 90 degree heat, i go to ge in my 2005 ST and i hear a light whining like something charging up and then I hear TIC,TIC,TIC and again wherrrrrrrrr TIC,TIC,TIC, I ASK MYSELF WHAT IS CAUSING THAT??? I remeber that i changed all bulbs to LED 2 weeks ago and maybe the rely went bad. NO - went to Local auto parts store; got a new one and still WherrrrrrrrTIC,TIC,TIC ..... AHHHHHHH!!!!!! WHAT COULD IT BE I PULLED THE RELAY OUT - BUT IN SOCAL NOT BLINKERS IS A TICKET FOR SURE...... WHAT COULD IT BE ????

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

C. J. WILLIAMS

(PS) SORRY FOR THE CAPS

After working a 12 hour shift in a non-air conditioned security shack in 90 degree heat, i go to ge in my 2005 ST and i hear a light whining like something charging up and then I hear TIC,TIC,TIC and again wherrrrrrrrr TIC,TIC,TIC, I ASK MYSELF WHAT IS CAUSING THAT??? I remeber that i changed all bulbs to LED 2 weeks ago and maybe the rely went bad. NO - went to Local auto parts store; got a new one and still WherrrrrrrrTIC,TIC,TIC ..... AHHHHHHH!!!!!! WHAT COULD IT BE I PULLED THE RELAY OUT - BUT IN SOCAL NOT BLINKERS IS A TICKET FOR SURE...... WHAT COULD IT BE ????

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

C. J. WILLIAMS

(PS) SORRY FOR THE CAPS
If it happens when you turn on the air conditioning fan it could be your blend door actuator. Part is around $30, and it can be done at home. its a bit of a hassle getting to it, but doable. Youtube has videos too. Good luck!

If it happens when you turn on the air conditioning fan it could be your blend door actuator. Part is around $30, and it can be done at home. its a bit of a hassle getting to it, but doable. Youtube has videos too. Good luck!
It is an electrical issue not machacial

Try to isolate the issue. Does this sound happen constantly or can you make it stop? Turn off everything. Turn things on one at a time until it happens again. Don't forget brake lights and reverse lights.

No need to yell, just trying to help. ;)
Is it the relay making the noise, as turn signal relays do? If so, maybe a short to ground somewhere? Any of your LEDs burnt up (all lights working)? Pull turn signal bulbs until it stops or get a meter on it.