tick from motor on 07 v6?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derrick Townsend

Reaction score
Does any one have a 07 v6 they can listen in on under tho hood and tell me if it gives a slight ticking sound? I never really listened to the motor before but tonight there was a pronounced tick like it was a timing issue or something.

Thanks

Derrick

Could just be the injectors......

Todd Z

I had ticking on my '03 and thought "timing". Took it in and the tech said "probably the injectors" then when my wife pulled in with her '05 Mountaineer (same engine), we listeed to it. The "ticking" wasn't as noticable. (we could barely hear it) They found a loose spark plug. Tightened and no ticking at all now. Check your plugs and if all are tight, then it probably is the injectors like Todd said.;)

If it's a steady, fast ticking sound then it is probably the fuel injectors. It's normal to hear them and fairly easy to hear them if you listen for it unless the injectors are covered. Many cars motors have the nice plastic covers over the top of the motor(like our Infiniti G35) which provides a sound barrier so you don't hear them as easily. But again, it's normal.

07-V6 Just the fuel injectors noise. The engine is quiet otherwise

Bill B

Grab a broom stick, without the broom attached. Put one end on the engine, the other end near your ear. You can use it as a stethascope to help find where the noise is coming from. Usually...