Tire help needed. to tired to search anymore

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
Hey all. I have probably read an entire book by now about shocks and what everyone thinks about the brands out there. Monroe Reflex here i come. BUT I need tire help and eye drops from all the screen staring. I want to get new tires with my shocks and I want to make my truck look more aggressive. I would like to know what the biggest size i can get away with before having to do a TT/shackles. Pics would really be nice too if u could post em! 2nd Q. if i get the guts to attempt to do a TT/shackles... what would be the biggests tire then? pics again? 3rd Q. what would a TT/shackles do to the shocks expanded them make them ride funny etc? Guys whatever help you can give will be really helpful. sorry for being the 1,000,000 person to ask these Q's.

- i have a 03 4x4 trac that has the stock 5 spoke rims... not the adrenaline model.

V

I have an '01 ST without a TT/Shackle lift. I believe the biggest tires that people will tell you that you can fit is 265/75 R16. That is what I have and I have noticed a difference over the stock size. I can't help you much on the other questions because I haven't done the Shackle lift yet.

Tommy

i agree with the 265/75r16 is about the largest u can get on stock wheels with no lift present. ive been riding on this size and like it, and want more of it. i believe 285/65 or something in that ratio is bout the biggest u can go with just the TT/shackles, now im not totally sure, b/c i have neither. i would believe with an oem replacement shock or equal to, with the TT/shackle lift, it wouldnt make much difference in shock performance, just b/c u arent lifting it out of range, so to spec. but perhaps with the raising of the TT it might make the ride alil tough. id like to find out as well. for those who've done this, how did u go abouts messing with the TT, torsion key or just use a socket to mess with it?> im interested in doin this very soon....