tires and rims

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I have a 2 part question looking for new tires for my 09 st limited im running mich cross terrains right now and hate them, looking for something a bit more rugged looking and better handling on construction sites. I was looking at the goodyear wranglers but the only problem is that they dont make them for 18" rims.

What is a good tire for the 18" rims or should I change my rims to 17 or 16" and if so what size rim will fit can i get a 16" rim on my truck......

looking for some ideas and maybe some pics if anybody has some not looking to lift my truck just want to keep it stock but run a better set of tires...

Also I have had my front rotor replace under warranty 4 times now is this common for the sport trac or are fords rotors just crap, or is there more to the problem ford tried to blam it on car washes.......

Thanks Baker

Car washes is BS. Are they going to blame it on the rain also....

If you are wearing the rotor and pads on one side. Might be a sticking caliper.

is the rotor rusting, wobbling, turning blue or just getting thin? Either way it definately sounds like a brake problem. The tech might be taking short cuts when they replace it. The rotor should be cleaned with soap & water before instalation & caliper slides should be greased along with replaceing hardware. If there is still a problem its probably in the hose. good luck.

Jim

The "Cooper Discover HT Plus 265/60-18" is the tire I'm going to get. Another member Eddie Stark, has them on his an likes them very much, also you can get a special deal at Pep Boy's now on their 4 for 3 sale.

As Bill said, I hae no complaints about the cooper discover ht +

The 265/60-18, is 30.3" tall, Tread is 9" wide Have an xl load rating. Not An LT tire though, just a few hundred pounds more load able. They have a rugged tread block, quiet and smooth on the highway.

[Broken External Image]:

Bridgestone makes the Revo2 in these 18" sizes:

255/55R18, LT275/65R18, LT285/65R18, P255/70R18, P265/60R18, P265/65R18, P265/70R18, P275/65R18.

I have 265/65-17 and like them. They are spendy, but worth it, I think.

Just put BFG Longtrails 265/65/18s On my 07ST they are 1" wider and 1/2" taller that the stock tires. Handling is way better with the extra rubber on the ground. The change in speed is 1 extra MPH at 60 MPH.

Last edited:
I love my Toyo AT3's which are 33x12.5x18"

Bridgestone Revo, More $$ but awesome !!

You could have a stuck caliper, air in the system, Drive with your foot dragging on the brake, rims improperly installed, or just drive bad on brakes...

I run the Raybestos r300 rotors, they are great.

Latest posts