Tires .. Which Ones ??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsay B

Reaction score
My Goodyear Wranglers are beat and the trucks only a year old !! Finally ready to get new ones and think I've narrowed it down to two ....

Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza vs. Michelin LTX MS ...... any opinions??

P.S. First time here ... figured you guys would have more "on-road" knowledge that some of the dealers. Thanks for any input!!

Just replaced Goodyears with 45K on them with Michelins. World of difference! They are a great tire for the road. I don't do any offroading so I can't speak to that. If you get them at Sears you get free rotation and balance for the life of the tire at any Sears as often as you like.

F.Y.I. Tires are P255/70R16 .... Very little off-roading, Charlotte streets put enough of a beating on the shocks and alignment =)

Welcome Lindsay....

I replaced mine with Michelin P255/70R16 Cross Terrain tires.

A lot more pricey (Sears) but to me the ride they give in Charlotte and the highway on trips is well worth it. Very quiet and smooth ride.

I'm currently looking at replacing mine with WalMart Michelins or WalMart Continentals. I ran the last set of Michelins I had to almost 90,000 miles. The Continentals are supposed to last even longer, but we'll see. Both have been good street tires. I'm a big fan of Michelins for good street traction wet or dry coupled with long life, but they can be expensive.

I want a quiet tire with good wet traction and good handling. I'm willing to pay the price for really good tire if it's worth it.

Thanks for all the input so far. Glad I stopped in.

go with Michelins. they are the best tires made period. i have the ltx m/s on my s/t. i can vouch for their quality because i work there. no tire that doesnt meet the quality standards gets out the door. if they do, the will be tracked to the store and replaced. they are more expensive for a reason: quality, safety and reliability. go with the best!!!!

i just removed the Michelin LTX's after 30,00 miles.(many cracks in the sidewalls,, still good tread). Put on Firestone Destination LE's... Rated #4 on tirerack.com, the LTX's are #6.. The Alenza are #1 but alot more money..$33 a tire.. I got the firestones installed with road hazzard and lifetime balance and rotation for $350. ( i'm retired military and the Base Gas station had them on sale)... local firestone dealer wanted $390 for the same...

I'm impressed to say the least.. i really like the wilderness at's that came on mine..

the firestone destination AT looks like a nice tire too.. its #2 at tirerack.com for AT tires...

i almost when with them.. they ate $26 cheaper than the Alenza's

troy

Last edited by a moderator:
Just replaced my Wranglers with Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos. They're like riding on silk, no noise, no harshness and they got great ratings on wet pavement; higher than Michelin. Missed the Costco sale, the Revos were $120 a tire w/mounting and balancing. Couldn't wait for their next sale, Dec or Jan so I paid $15 more per tire but I got an alignment thrown in. I don't off road, strictly street/highway. I'm very pleased with these Bridgestones!

:D At 69K, I replaced the OEM Michelin's on my 2002 ST. Being a first time truck owner, my only complaint with the ST has been the harsh ride. I purchased Goodyear Fortera tires, with their new Silent Armor Technology, for $130/ea. The improvement is astounding - my ST rides 100% better and much quieter. The SAT tires are offered for two driver types - Fortera's for highway, Wranglers for off-road. A 70K warranty and roadside assistance is included.

Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos, 265/70R16

[Broken External Image]:

Great in ice/snow...

[Broken External Image]:

Sand...

[Broken External Image]:

and very quiet on the road! :D

Going to be replacing with the Wal-Mart Michelin Specials. 255/70/R16's mounted. balanced, liftime balance rotation, $350. A 40K tire, but that will put me at 110K miles on the truck anyways.....

Latest posts