Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monolith999

Reaction score
hello all, seeking some advise here. my truck is a gen 2 v8 with the traxda lift kit, and btf fab uca's. how much wheelwell trimming would I need to do (approx) to fit a 275-70r18 tire on stock wheels? thanks in advance for help, Aaron

265/50-20 5.2in 15.2in 30.4in 95.6in 663 0.0%

275/70-18 7.6in 16.6in 33.2in 104.2in 608 9.0%

That's the adren tires up 1 size compared to what you wanna run, I think it should fit ok..

Can always test if your not sure. Can see what the FB forum guys are running.

Todd Z

With the 3" strut spacer lift you can clear 32" tall tires. 33" tall tires will probably require some inner wheel well trimming

Is the rear suspension adjustable for camber? I supposedly had a four wheel alignment done when I switched to the Rancho Quicklift coil-overs but it has been wearing the inside edges of the rear tires ever since.

I was told at the alignment shop that the trucks camber was unadjustable period. yet the said "we got it as close as we can". something seems fishy... and thanks for the advise all.

It may be that special, aftermarket washers need to be used in place of the factory parts. I found a set of AC Delco washers that are supposedly for the gen 2 rear suspension. No idea which washers get replaced by these but I will probably try calling their tech line to see if they come with instructions.

Same place also sells a "Universal Toe Kit" control arm strut replacement from Blox Racing that you can supposedly use to adjust the rear toe-in after changing the ride height. It kinda resembles a tie rod end and would be used to replace the non-adjustable factory pieces. In my mind it had better use the same size mounting bolts or it would be worthless.

Turns out that "universal" toe kit wasn't so universal. It does fit more than one model of Honda but that's it. They are supposed to update their website.

Anyway, I bought a set of slightly used (~50 miles) take-off tires from a '17 Jeep Wrangler. They are the same 265/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2s that I have on the ST now. I even got the spare. Saved about $65/tire from the cheapest price I could find for the same tire new. I had two of them installed today. Will do the other two once I finish wearing out the two that were on the front. The guy that installed the tires claims there is some adjustment in the lower links on the front of the IRS...

Latest posts