To buy or not to buy...that is the question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIKE V

Reaction score
OK.. I am currectly leasing a 2005 Trac...Love the truck.. Lease is almost up...Red Carpet option to purchase at lease end...Any suggestion/recommendations? Though the 2007's are awesome looking and are getting great reviews, I think I might be better off keeping what I already know and like rather than start over... Plus it is much cheaper to finance the 2005 over 60 months rather than sign up all over again.

I would go look at a 07 drive it then see what you like and do not like about the two.

If you like your '05 and it is more cost effective to buy it, thats what I would do. I like my '04. The '07 might be nicer in some ways but it is more cost effective to keep the '04. In the end your choice though.

Something to think about is that statistics show. A person that buys an auto and keeps it at least 7yrs. Save approximatly $300,000 in a life time..I wish I had of thought of that when I was younger. Iam 56 now and been practicing that since my 40s'..

Unless you do a big down payment, financing a 2005 over 60 months will have you upside down (owing more than it's worth) at some point.

If I had no choice but to be updside down, I'd rather be that way on a newer vihicle.