to whom it may concern

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Dolinski

Reaction score
I emailed a project submission on repairing the overhead console display, have not heard anythig back just wondering if it was received.

thanks

Jim D

Jim, thanks for emailing the project. I did it yesterday and it worked. I didn't really see a faulty solder joint so I just added some solder. Thanks again and I am sure someone will post this project.

Bill

Hey Jim,

I received the project 2x and replied to all 3 of your emails. Either you did not get them OR they went to your spam folder.

So here it is:

I can not post something here that a member did not write. Please send me the info of where you got it and I will ask them permission to post it here in our projects section. Someone took the time to write it up and we will not take credit for it and just post it.

Thanks and we hope you understand.

Paul H

Hello,

Can some one please give me more information on this project to repair the compass/temperature display in the overhead console?

I have the overhead console with the moonroof in my '04, and the disply has started to work only some of the time... If you tap on it, most times it comes back to life, but then it goes back out sometimes, so it's obviously a loose connection of some sort...

I would really appreciate it if somebody could provide (or at least point me towards) some specific instructions to tackle this problem.

Thanks,

Z

This is a cold thread, but I thought I would share this link for anyone else who is looking for a solution. Since I noticed that external links are sometimes missing on this forum, the link is from Axle Addict and the article is called "How to Repair the Overhead Compass and Temperature Display on a 2001 Ford Explorer". It has detailed instructions for resoldering a couple of resistors that appear to be the main cause of this problem.

https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/...ing-Device-Troubleshooting-A-Loose-Connection

Latest posts