Todd - Installed TB Right?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 3

Reaction score
Todd,

I installed the TB last night, and had a question regarding the gasket. There was no mention of one in any instructions. Pictured below is the gasket I am assuming I was to remove from the old and put in new? The wife is sending back today, and will get you tracking number. How does the refund work for the core?[Broken External Image]:

By the way, it rained, as usual, so wasn't able to truly test it out. BUT I did notice my usual warm up hesitation and rough running wasn't there this morning. Also, the old has alot of black material on the rear of the butterfly (closest to engine), is that normal?

Jerry...

Number 6 ( six ) from the instructions :banana:

6. Remove the OEM throttle body and remove the gasket from your old one and

re-install into the new throttle body

The core money I refund back to your paypal or credit card or how ever you paid me..

The black junk is the carbon build up from fords great intake design that has the EGR valve soo close to the throttle....

Todd Z

I dont think I got those. There were none in the box, so I got the instructions from "Installing an Upgraded Throttle Body " from the projects page. So that would explain that. Also, you might want to mention the need for a special screwdriver, Torx I believe, in order to remove the screws holding the throttle position sensor. But all in all, happy with it. of course the wife is going, "so we spent how much for that?!". But looking forward to running a true test. And yea, we paid through paypal, so I guess it would go back to our account, you can do that without a paypal account?

It should go back to where you took the money from......

As for the instructions the ones on this site are not really specific and updated..... That project was done way back...

The ones on my website are updated, as the newer items were found, they also were updated to aid people in installing the TPS easier.... See these....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, thanks for that! So I will be sending you the tracking number via email once my lady gets it. Going through UPS ground also. And I will be contacting you about the MAF closer to Christmas. Lousy washer and dryer!:angry:

Thanks again for all the help man, you rock!:cool:

Any time.... Glad your happy....

Send it the cheepest way you can.... Some times UPS is more then USPS....

Todd Z