Todd Z question for u

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Kaufman

Reaction score
when I was up at the house we added a/c stuff to stop the truck it from doing that clicking noise. Well it has started again. Do you think I have a problem with the the a/c? and if so how do i check on that. I have heard its expensive to have the dealership ck and fix it.

Well, There is nothing you can do... You have to add leak dye to the system or use a special sniffer to find the leak... IF it lasted this long though, you can simply add another small can....

But you have a leak and it should be found..... The dealer can do it or a local shop, but ac leaks can get expensive....

Todd Z

Steve, I just ran into this same problem. I recharged my system with refrigerant and the die, they sell it at auto zone. Waited a day or two to look under the hood with a black light and batta bing, I had 4 extremely small holes in my a/c condenser.

I'm changing my condenser out, and I've been informed that I have to change my accumulator/dryer and expansion valve. Then I'm sending it to a shop to get the system flushed, oiled, and recharged. Check out the link. Might be some more info.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=896231&LAST=8/16/2006_5:25:29_AM