Tonneau cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily

Reaction score
I have a 2001 sport trac that doesn't have a tonneau cover so I bought one on ebay. Similar to the one in the photo. I took it to auto body to have it put on and they said that it wont fit because the bed is curved or something like that. My truck has hooks on the side i was wondering if i took those off if the cover would fit then?

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 278
The pic you show. Looks like the LO-PRO, I have on my 2004 Trac. I didnt have any problem with the install. The hooks were not in the way..
I installed it myself. It took laying out the pieces to determine assy. Took about 2 hrs.
Im not understanding the curved bed issue. Take pics and post.

If the one you show is it. It is not exactly like mine. My side rails used the factory screw holes, for the OEM cover. What I see in that ebay pic is. The hooks are disigned for a bed that has roll over metal.
Send it back and buy the Truxedo Lo-Pro. It works exactly the same as far a the velcro and roll up. Also comes in colors. I went with gray for my silver Trac.
TracCover 1.JPG TracCover 2.JPG

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had luck with those cheaper ones for under $200? I was looking at buying a soft one just didn't know to much about them or see any reviews on the cheaper ones? Anybody have one can give me some input? Thanks

When you say cheap under $200. Which ones are you looking at? There are some cheapies out there. That still use snaps. Snaps tend to tear. Especialy when the cheaper vynyl starts to shrink, from sun heat. Velcro is the way to go. Easier to roll up and back in place.
Post a link to what you are looking at.

Looks very simular to my truxedo lo-pro. All I can say is try it. Cant give you any info on the brand. Life of it could depend on how long you intend to keep your trac. I installed mine in '08. Life time warranty, a few years ago they replaced the rear weatherstrip.
I would research the company. With the BBB in their state. Or any reviews you can find.