Tonneau cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
What type of tonneau cover is everyone using?

I am needing to get one because of work and I was wondering what would be a good one to get. I am on the Emergency Responce Team at work and when we have training I have to carry all of the gear because nobody else has a truck on my crew.

Andrew

I have the OEM cover, with use of the Leverlift EZ lift product. LOVE both.

[Broken External Image]:

just watch the oem one can leak....

There is a site sponsor lazor lite, good one or the are snug lid..

Todd Z

A.R.E. LSII

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

It is painted fiber glass so it looks really good. It will reduce rear visibility and will take some getting used to. But it does keep the rain out (dust still seeps in from the tailgate gap) and turns your bed into one huge trunk. Installs via factory mounting points so no extra drilling, and can be removed when necessary.

:)Take a look at the Undercover brand sold by stylinconcepts.com . You can stand on it. A bud of mine has one on a F-150 that is weather tight. The price is right too.

OEM. I see other in my area with A.R.E and they look a little on the "Cheaply Made" side. There are three I see regularly on my commute to work and they all have paint chipping off.

Ape Out.

OEM ......It opens from the front and back and it looks good .....little heavy though. No leak after I put bolts in the lock covers.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I have a truxedo vinyl cover and it was really great when I got it. It went on quickly and easily and did not leak at all. :D

Then along came a lady in a Cavalier. She parked her front bumper on my rear axle while I was stopped at a 4-way stop and raised the back of the truck about a foot higher than it was supposed to be. Now everything on my ST from the rear windows to the rear bumper is new (except my cover) which leaks just a little in really hard rains for some reason.

I believe if it weren't for the wreck, I would still be extremely happy with my cover and it would not be leaking. Seems some people just don't want others to have something good :(

I found another one that I like

http://www.truckaddons.com/images02/exterior/sport_masters/hinged_slant_LG.jpg