tonneau lock

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph Caruso

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Sport trac that came with Fords factory tonneau cover. The lock for the back portion broke and I can not figure out how to get it off to replace it. Please help. Is this a dealer only item or is there a web site that may have it priced resonable?

Did you post these questions on the Sport Trac Forum? If not, Someone will reply to your question alot quicker there if you do. :)

But... A lock smith could probably fix it ~just drive to a Locksmith shop. Probably for around 40.00 sometimes less.

dealership is going to cost you I have same cover and an 04 trac too :)

There is a metal clip that slides out (towards the bed of truck) its' located under the cover at the top of the lock cylinder cover (the plastic casing.) the cables are still attached so be careful.

If you are going to take this out yourself.....What you need is the spec sheet for the OEM Tonneau cover Lock assembly. It shows every part of the locks and how it is put together.

I have the same thing junk f**k thing never opens right ,and back window will not work anymore.Its a pig on gas , not happy with it at all it will be a chev next time.