Too far

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
Went too far on one tank yesterday - 447 miles on one tank. I was on the tollway on the way home when I realized how low my tank was, and I looked at the trip meter (reset it at each fillup) to see how far I had before I ran out. When I saw 442 miles I wondered why I was still rolling and thought I was going to start rolling unpowered any second. But I slowed from 65 to about 55 and it made it the five miles to the station and I filled up with 22.3 gallons. That's not even the most I've ever put in. The "check gages" light never came on.

That gives me 20.05 mpg for that tank. Ok, maybe it wasn't actually "too far" since I did make it, but it was too far for comfort!

LUCKY!!! I dont know whats wrong but my mpg have dropped since like 2 months ago and i cant get them to rise. Im hoping it is because of the winter and hopefully it will rise soon.

Best mpg I ever got was 514, that was in Aug. on my way to Ocean City, Md. from Pittsburgh, Pa. With a dirty paper filter, best I ever got and probably the only time I'll ever see it that good.:( I run a K-N factory flat filter in the winter and cold air induction with K-N cone filter inthe warmer weather. I haven't taken it for long road trips other than hauling my show truck with a U-Haul car trailer and can't really go by that mpg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice- I ran out of gas on the FL turnpike at about that number of miles. I had just been doing maintenance at my parent's house in Vero Beach and was tired. I had a moment of panic till I realized I had my pressure washer, and a gas can with a gallon or so, in the back. :D