TOO SMOOTH

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAN YOUNDT

Reaction score
well, i see that my STA is going to get me in some serioius trouble. coming home from virginia to pa, this past sunday, got help up in traffic for about 50 miles doing 20 to 40 mph, as soon as it broke up, i was so frustrated from the slow crawl, that i cranked it - 105 mph for a short time - WAY TOO SMOOTH - no shake rattle or roll - my 03 ST shook like crazy at 80. - so north of Baltimore, trying to make up time - yep, flashing red light behind me - 1st question - is there a reason that you are doing 82 in a 55 work zone? shrugged my shoulders, said no didn't realize that it was a work zone - saw no signs. goes back to his cruiser, comes back - says - giving you a warning, could have been $800 in fines, just slow down. First time EVER that I've gotten off for speeding. did have a slightly low cut shirt on, maybe this "oldie" still has some "goodie". anyway - don't think i've ever had a vehicle drive this smooth - gonna have to keep it in check - or the STA will be sittin in the garage with out a licensed driver

Good thing you weren't driving a Mustang....

That's my story! My Mustang is really smooth at higher speeds. 110 feels like 70. I really had to watch the speedo after getting out of the ST. Not so bad now, she talks to me at 80+ thanks to my new Mac Boomtubes axle back exhaust. She's so loud, I'm suprised I haven't been pulled over yet. Especially thinking about it after Bill's LEO post. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a smooth ride for sure, often when I am on the highway I look down and im doing 160km/h... feels like im going 100km/hr

I have to agree, my STA rides smooth and quiet and at times I look down at the speedo and then straight to the rear view to make sure I'm not already caught.

Latest posts