Took Trac in for warranty work

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin Lyon

Reaction score
I took my Trac in this morning (7:30) to fix the recent tranny bump revisit, the clunk in the front-left wheel making a u-turn, and the back seat not completely locking in position. Many thanks to Psycareyo, KPC, and JustJimmy for your previous posts.

In the past, just doing the reflash on the tranny would have been a near all-day experience. Maybe because of my bitching in the past &/or current events in the auto industry, I was done by around 9:30! The following was done:

(1) Reflashed the computer/tranny. Doesn't say TSB 08-24-4, but said they performed the latest.

(2) Sharp turn clunk/bump - "found service message # 19303 for dry wheel stops. Lubed lower control arms and road tested." Maybe this was TSB 08-18-5?

(3) 60% rear seat latch not holding - had to order replacement parts. Will call me when parts come in.

I've did some stop & go's & near-stop & go's on the way back to work. So far, so good. We'll see when the computer "learns". Also did some sharp turns & u-turns, and no problems in that department, too.

The last time the reflash was done, it lasted for appx 7K miles. We'll have to see what happens for the next 7K+.

Latest posts