Torision twist

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Teitell

Reaction score
Ok so i completed my shackle lift and i am now in the front about to do the TT. But i have a problem i have the front lifted on the jack, and every time i take my torque wrench to turn it i keep stripping th bolt, and i know im using the right size. I would just use a normal wrench but do not have enough room to fit in there, anu ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity, are you using 1/2" or 13mm? If you're using one, try using the other and see if it holds better.

you have the front lifted but is it lifted from the frame with the suspension hanging free and as jeff c asked the other thing is when i did mine i had the same problem i needed to heat lightly the bolts to melt the locktight on the bolts

Also is the bolt a 6 point bolt and your using a 12 point socket... That will slip...

I allways used impact sockets on a 1/2 drive ratchet..

Todd Z

get a 1/2" breakover bar or a long handle ratchet...you going to ruin your torque wrench, using it as a regular ratchet...as Todd said, get a 6 point socket....

One of my torsion bolts had blue Loctite on it. It was really difficult to turn until I backed it out a bit and cleaned it.

thanks i will try some of theses ideas. I had tried a 1/2 and a 13mm and it started stripping it and now a 12mm fits on it, not good!:unsure: