torsion twist/shakle lift questions?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRENT BERRY

Reaction score
I have a 2004 trac ....and tomorrow will be doing a tt/sl...and a 3" body lift .......questions about the tt/sl ......ive heard 1.5" is the max u should go and at that height did u need a camber kit for the upper control arms ??????? and will def need a alignment ??......also how much lift did ur warrior 153's give u ????1 1/4 like it says or 1.5inches like most people say ??????also what are the best shocks to get after ??? and stock length??? or longer ??? i heard rsx are good ???

thanx for the help

brent!

when I did the TT, I went about 1 3/4". Then I made my shackles the length it took to level out the truck. Then I drove it to sears and got the front end aligned. I have a 04. No camber kit. I am running 285/75/16's.

I had mine done about 1.5". Same on the Ranger I had before. Aligned no problem. Thing is, you're not lifting the truck so much as you are simply adjusting the suspension downward. If you lift it 1.5" by adjusting the torsion bars, then you are losing 1.5" of downtravel in the suspension. If you max the torsion bars out there will be no downtravel and a darned stiff ride.

Latest posts