Torsion Twist

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Branch

Reaction score
I am looking for a definition of TT. I have Googled and can't find anything. Can someone please provide a link or a short description of the process and purpose? I am very non-mechanical but learning alot from you guys. Thanks in a advance.

Ten days until college football. :D:D:D War Eagle!

All Sport Tracs are equipped with "torsion bar" suspension in the front. That means the spring used to allow the front end to go down and then come back up is a bar of steel that is attached to the frame of the truck at one end and the lower suspension arm at the other. Movement in the suspension arm twists the bar of steel, and the bar of steel resists being twisted. This twisting motion is called bending in torsion. The "TT" you referred to is the "torsion twist", which is moving the anchored end of the bar by tightening a bolt at the anchor end. This bolt is there for minor adjustments in the suspension to level the truck, but can also be used to raise the whole front end an inch or so.

It's simply short hand for adjusting the torsion bars.

Tightening the adjusting bolts increases the front ride height and loosening the adjusters lowers the front.

Jeff C

I'm at every home game. I camp on Fri night and leave several hours after the game. I moved to Atl about three years ago and had to start camping to get our spot. We set up beside the scholorship parking lot (under the trees) accross from the tennis courts. Come by.

Brandon

I tried to do a search there but the web site wouldn't work becasue they couldn't get three W's in a row.:D

War eagle