Tow Package??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carol Kelley

Reaction score
Does the Factor Tow Package with 7-Pin include a Battery Charge Line and if so does it include the isolator?? (Meaning you are only charging the battery to your camper if the ignition switch is ON).

Thanks!!

Carol

(I have an 09 Limited V8 2WD with Tow Package on order!!!!)

It does on my '07. Not sure of the isolator, but I would think so. I can look at the electrical diagram if you really need to know.

I went thru this in the summer, someone had sent me an electrical diagram and I seem to remember it having an isolator. I know the charge line definitely is there.

I'm sure I'll figure it out once mine comes in. It is kind of important cause usually when I go camping, I drag the camper to work and it sits in the parking lot all day and I need to run my fridge. I don't want to start my trips with a dead battery.

We wired my current Sport Trac this way myself.

The fridge doesn't run on gas? If not, and you're worried, just unplug the harness while it's parked.

No the fridge is 12V only. Yes, unplugging is an alternative to not having an isolator, but having the isolator is like insurance. Without the isolator, one of these days I'll either forget to unplug and have a dead battery or forget to plug back in and run without lights.