Towing connector Survey

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lukus

Reaction score
What type of conection do you use when you tow a trailer ??

FLAT 4 or 7 PIN ??

I use a flat 4 on 3 different trailers !

I like the fact that Ford has put a flat 4 connector on all Sport Tracs.I find them hard to get to especially the 2007's.I am going to make a new bracket so the flat 4 connector on my 2007 will be under the 7 pin and facing tward the trailer .

Most of the time iI will be using the 4 flat, but occasionally I use the 7 pin. My preference is to have the 7 pin, you can easily plug in a converter (if needed) to get a 4 flat connection. It's not as easy to get a 7 Pin if you don't already have it.

Flat 4, I don't tow any thing that requires anything other than that....

Todd Z

I have the 7 pin rv and a 4 flat adapter. The 7 pin itself was an adaper from UHual, but now that I finally have the brakes and stuff connected, it is permanent, so I have a 4 flat that plugs into it.

7 pin with 4 pin adapter, my dad sells pop-up camping trailers and installs trailer hitches and wiring so i tow a bunch of 7 pin trailers around along with 4 pin atv trailer.

Creef412

7 pin and right next to it is a 4 pin flat. I use them both, depending on the trailer I use.

Tom

7 pin for the RV trailer with electric brakes. 4 pin for the utility trailer. Luckily, the 2007 ST has both connectors factory installed!

The 2007 has both connectors factory installed???? I just bought one last wednesday and the only connector I have is the round 7 pin type - did I get ripped off? Should mine have both?