towing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Holtz

Reaction score
hey-

I have a 2003 ST. The two hooks that come out of the openings below the bumper, can these/are these actually strong enough to tow anything or another car in a ditch with a tow rope? Or will it hurt the structure of the car?

thanks.

Mine were strong enough to have me pulled out of a big mud hole that I was stuck in. They are attatched directly to the frame, these are very strong tow hooks. You need to be more worried about the strength of the tow rope/chain and the safety issues invoved with it because it will give out long before your hook does.

they are strong enough jsut make sure you dont go crazy when towing..be careful and dont go too quick with the movements...if you are a little uneasy about it you can check the tow hooks and make sure they are screwed in tight...to do that remove the plastic shrouding under the hooks and you will see the hooks right there..there are 2 screws for each hook...i forget the size but you should use a torque wrench to see that they are tight...i forget how tight they should be...but i assureyou, you have nothing to be worried about

Latest posts