Trac fixed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
Got the Trac back from the dealership after a second visit and this time they finally fixed the leaking trans fluid and hard-starting.

Apparently it was the trans dipstick that was leaking and it was fixed/replaced. I notice the dipstick sits about 3/4" lower than originally and the vacuum hose(?) no longer rests on it. I'm happy...leak is totally gone.

As for the hard-starting. It wasn't a bad fuel pump after all. They adjusted something in the vavle body (hard-stop position) and my Trac's been starting up with no hesitation at all.

I'm extremely happy the local dealership got my Trac back into tip-top shape...and under warranty. Their good service earned my future business as far as non-DIY maintenance is concerned.

Great John,You should go give them 4 stars in the dealer report card section, so others in your area can go to them_Ron

every time i have a bad experience at a dealership, i don't get one of their surveys...i wonder why that is :p

glad you got yours all squared away...i know it can be a difficult situation :)

I agree Daeron. Of course, every time I took mine to the local one here, they didn't do anything to it except tighten a sparkplug, tell me the problem (rattling sound from engine under load)is normal for this type of engine, and to recommend I use Motorcraft Oil Filters. So, I guess they don't send them out for that.:D

Good to hear, Flip.

stone, it is "normal". All the Ranger guys with 4.0s report the sound, as well as plenty of members here. I have it sometimes, and it really doesn't bother me. This last oil change I did on Saturday, I put in a bottle of Lucas Synthetic oil additive, and I haven't heard the chain since, with over 200miles of driving since the oil change.

I second the motion on the lucas oil additive. I only use half a bottle and it silenced the timing chain rattle. I wish I could say it fixed it, but I don't believe that would be a true statement. :(

Latest posts