Trac got ZAINO today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven D

Reaction score
I used this stuff all the time on my yellow stang, that use to go to shows. I waxed the Trac last weekend with NXT (for UV protection), then got up this morning, washed it and decided to put a coat of ZAINO on it. I love this stuff. Just thought I would share a few shots.

1e31d4626f6b46be9d1ee5d32d66b846.jpg

fc872f937fa9d7463c50e3491b1a44f2.jpg

691b8e9d0804a308375cd7d75207de60.jpg

f45dc8aa21ba75be786c99480f423631.jpg

029e36e629fd16f1c35ecc6c17263dbb.jpg

Did you pull off the NXT before applying Zaino? Its durability is hindered when the surface is not fairly "pure," that is, consists merely of the paint finish.

Looking great, though. I switched from Zaino to Jeff's Werkstatt. The durabilities are the same, but Zaino is much, much slicker to the touch. I just got tired of the Zaino price.

I had the zaino left over so the price was right :)

I did not pull off the nxt first, reason being I still wanted a wax there for some UV protection. The zaino, while great stuff, is merely a polish and offers little protection from the sun. I basically put it on there for the shine I new I would get.

The whole truck will get stripped in a couple weeks again, and NXT reapplied, now that I am out of zaino. I will not buy anymore, unless I start showing the truck or get another vehicle to show. The price is just to much to just put it on there for no real reason other than its shiny until I get stuck in bad weather.

This was just a, well I got all morning, lets do something for the trac. The rims were already done, so I removed the bug shield in hopes that I am ordering one soon that will be paint matched to the Trac, so I washed and polished it, I removed the "amber" bulbs from the headlight assembly, and replaced with clear, so I got rid of the orange egg yolk look from the headlights. I polished up all the chrome and wiped her down. spent about 5 hours on it this morning, its theraputic, no one else seems to understand. :D

The zaino, while great stuff, is merely a polish and offers little protection from the sun.

Steven:

Zaino is a synthetic sealant (Z-2 and Z-5). Though it is called a "show car polish," is is most similar to Klasse, etc. I never got why Sal called it a polish and not a sealant. His polishes are Z-PC and Z-AIO (though they are not true polishes in the category of Menzerna, etc.). I believe Z-CS is the first product he called a sealant. As for protection, Z-2 and Z-5 use their in-house development, Ultra-Guard UV(40), to protect the paint from sun damage.

I agree as to Zaino's price. The Z-CS is $30 for 6 fl. oz. That is insane. It says "a normal vehicle requires less than 1/4 an ounce." I'd like to meet the guy who can do a whole car in a few spritzes, assuming it is not a Ford Fiesta. :)

And, I agree that no one seems to understand. I spent about forty hours over five days buffing out the marks from my black Trac (Porter Cable 7424 with Sonus non-filler cutting and finishing polishes). When folks tell me to "just enjoy the ride," I do--especially after it looks as good as it does. :D