Trac in shop :-( flashing O/D light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey B

Reaction score
Well it happened this morning while taking my son to the daycare. I knew it was coming but didn't know when due to the 2-3 flare and what not. Anyway, I left it running and went straight for the dealer. Excellent customer service this morning:). Tech said the valve body gasket blew out. Also checking the bearings/ball joints. Steering shudder popped up on his service puter so that will be addressed as well. Got an '07 Taurus loaner which was a suprise. Said he might be done this afternoon, we'll see.

I'll follow up when I get the Trac back and see what was covered under warranty and what got fixed.

C

'01 2wd, 71k under premium warranty

UPDATE: Got a call from the service rep saying my Trac could be picked up this afternoon:D. Lower balljoints, steering shudder, and valvebody fixed I hope. I'll give more info on this when I get it back with an invoice.

:angry:The next thing he told me was (pause), a DHL driver hit my Trac in the rear while it was in the lot sitting still:huh:. I don't know the extent of the damage but he assured me that he gathered all of the drivers info and initiated a police report. He says they would have just fixed it if it was their problem but since it was an outside driver they will be responsible. I agree but man I'm not happy.

C, it is still the dealer's problem, as far I am I concerned. They should fix your ST QUICKLY, without delay, then seek restitution from DHL's insurance. The ST wasn't under your care when this happened. The dealer is liable, IMHO, and has to serve you ASAP, then deal with their DHL issues.

That's the way I see it and the way I would want it handled, regardless what the law says. It's the RIGHT, customer friendly way to remedy the situation.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
The dealer is liable, IMHO, and has to serve you ASAP, then deal with their DHL issues.

Dealers are not liable, though in good faith, they should take care of it and deal with everything else.

Tom

OK, valve body replaced, EPC solenoid replaced, seperator plate replaced, etc... Tranny is shifting better than it ever has. Both lower ball joints replaced. All together about $1100. $100 deductable so again the warranty helped me big time.

Damage to the Trac isn't as bad as I thought. The bumper cover is gouged which will have to be replaced. The right quarter panel will have to be replaced due to cracks. Doesn't appear to be any major damage but I'll get some estimates. DHL's insurance seems to be ok on this matter. I can't get the police report til Friday. Dealer has to be glad that the driver came in and reported it. They don't have a body shop on site so they can't give an estimate.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts