Trac stuck in Park -- TSB reported ('07 V8)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin Lyon

Reaction score
In addition to the "kick" in my trans., for the last couple of weeks, I have been having problems with the trans. stuck in "P". I mentioned the problem this morning when I took my Trac in for my other problem.

Per the service guy, there is a TSB out on this. Something about fluid leaking out somewhere. I'd have to look it up. If someone has more detail on this, please chime in.

I just washed & waxed the Trac yesterday -- probably have to do it again when I get her back . . .

Additional -- The service guy said that the shifter had to be replaced. I first thought it was a quick adjustment, but not per the service guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this is under Technical Service Bulletins (I think recalls are identified differently). He only told me of this today, and I haven't looked it up to confirm.

I sometimes have to push the brake pedal twice, to get our Escape out of park..

It is a switch that needs adjusting, I was told...

It doesn't say 06 ST.

I've been arguing with NO-Courtesy Ford about this and left my Trac with them for a week to fix it. (They never did.)

Any way to find out when this TSB was released?

I have the same thing going on with mine. Just hit 12,000 miles. Planning on bringing it in sometime this week. I have noticed that if you re-step on the brake a couple times it will release. Seems to me like something with the wiring??:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
13 months and 28000 miles so far on my '07 and the only thing that I had a problem with was the motor needed to be replaced. Guess I was lucky.