Traction Control light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exahiyan

Reaction score
I started my truck this morning and the traction control light came on and stayed on. I tried to turn it off using the dashboard button but all that it would do is flash a few times and then stay lit. Any ideas?

My traction light is on as well but my ABS light came on at the same time. I had to brake really hard to avoid being hit by somone who failed to stop at their stop sign before turning onto the street. The dash lights came on at that point.
I haven’t had it looked at yet to determine what needs to be done to fix it.

get it plugged in should be able to read that code. I'm betting it has something to do with an ABS sensor.

Sadly ALOT of Gen 2 trucks that didn't have the brake fluid flushed are now showing bad ABS units. Yes it could be a bad wheel bearing, or rear axle exiter ring, BUT im almost 100 its the Hub bearing or ABS unit. ALSO you need a special scanner to read the codes, a cheep one will not read ABS codes.

Sadly ALOT of Gen 2 trucks that didn't have the brake fluid flushed are now showing bad ABS units. Yes it could be a bad wheel bearing, or rear axle exiter ring, BUT im almost 100 its the Hub bearing or ABS unit. ALSO you need a special scanner to read the codes, a cheep one will not read ABS codes.
Good to know thanks! I’ll check it out!

I started my truck this morning and the traction control light came on and stayed on. I tried to turn it off using the dashboard button but all that it would do is flash a few times and then stay lit. Any ideas?
UPDATE: My mechanic suggested taking it to a car wash and spraying the inside of the wheels as sometimes dirt will get into the sensors, causing the trouble light. Five bucks in quarters at the self service wash and the light disappeared!

Glad you got lucky.

Latest posts