Traded in ST for F150 due to Incentives

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Beck

Reaction score
I was very sad to see my ST go.... but the latest rounds of incentives were too hard to pass up. Got an F150, 4x4, FX4 SuperCrew. MSRP was $38,630, Invoice is $34,480, Family Plan (which was part of the incentive) is for $32,558.... and $3000 cash back (which was the other part of the incentive) for a grand total of $29,558. Holy smokes that is a good price.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, looks really nice and a great price too. I've always liked those since they did that little dip towards the front of the side windows. That little dip and the seemingly taller sidewalls of the truck bed are little things, but really do something for me everytime I see them. I also like those wheels, pretty nice if they're stock. Of course Im one of those wierd ones that find most the stock wheels more attractive than all the aftermarket ones. I like the Sport Trac XLT stock wheels over any I've seen on TireRack.com - all the thin spoke chrome things look like they'd go better on a Lamborghini not a truck-SUV. I like brushed metal but that's me :)

Im curious, I've never sat in the back of a full size F-150, how does it compare to a Sport Trac? Im sure its wider, how is it front to back? Obviously the back seat of the ST feels good because it doesnt have a straight wall behind it, allowing the seats to recline a few degrees more than a normal "extended cab truck". Being bigger, yet straight wall, does the F150 "even out" or is there still more room front to back even then?

Too bad for the ST.....But very horney looking F-150 there. Enjoy! I can't show that picture to my hubby....He'll go looking at them again.:rolleyes:

Back seat is pretty spacey. With the front passenger seat ALL the way back and in a "normal" recline... I have 2 inches from my knee caps to the front seat. If the front seat is a more normal position, I have about 6 inches from my knees... and I can almost fully extend my legs if I place my feet under the seat. (I am 5' 10").

I didnt notice the back seat being too straight up. Looks like they put a nice curve and recline into it.

The seat bottom folds up in the back, instead of the seat back folding down. Seems odd to me. I'll miss that little cubby hole behind the seat. I did lose back seat AC controls because I went with the FX4 package. The Lariat has rear controls. My FX4 also does not have a power rear sliding window (back to a manual sliding), I will REALLY miss that.

Beautiful truck...especially compared to that Crapalanche in the background of that photo. :D

I was drooling over an FX4 similar to yours yesterday at the dealership. I was wondering the same thing Taco mentions. Those seat backs are pretty much bolt upright. It also seems like the seat bottoms are a little shorter front to back than the STs.

I just kept reminding myself that I have a 9 month old ST, and the gas prices continue to go up. Now the Escape Hybrid on the lot was even more tempting. It was loaded, and gets 39 mpg in the city!

Enjoy your truck! Post some photos of all the mods that are sure to come in the future! :D

I would love to do the same...but I drive 120 miles R/T a day and the gas costs are forcing me to look at something cheaper......or just wait a few months and pay the gas without a truck note. FOr me.....a 4x4 F150 supercab with 30 mpg would be perfect!

You know one night I did the math on the cost savings of the higher gas mileage versus the higher cost of buying a hybrid to begin with. When using the average of 15,000 miles per year of driving, you don't even break even on your money until 5-6 years down the line (when the car's getting up close to 100k miles anyway). It's too bad. One wants to think that you're saving money by buying a hybrid, but you're really not. You are arguably "saving the environment", but of course your one hybrid is a drop in the bucket though I still respect the effort. Now if they could just make hybrid cost exactly the same or cheaper than standard...

km5er, 120 miles/day RT? You unpatriotic, neo-con, terrorist-loving bastid! (JUST KIDDING).

I say that because I love these ANTI-SUV nuts that call me every name under the sun because I drive a SUT...a SUT that I drive less than 16 miles/day RT to work. I get 15mpg doing it. But, if they drive 60 miles or more a day RT in their 30MPG car (do the math, they use twice as much gas a day as me), SOMEHOW they are more patriotic, more environmentally conscience.

To all those SUV haters I say "just because I have a SUT or a SUV, don't presume I am burning more gas than you."

Better MPG...HA! Fewer GPY (gallons per year)...that's the key!

TJR

Ask them to do this with thier 30 MPG econobox.

[Broken External Image]:

That is 1 yard of topsil. Total weight? In excess of 2000 LBS. My Pocket Ref book says it is anout 2500 LBS.

Tom

Nice looking truck! Did you get the flow through center consol with the captains chairs? I have that on my FX4 and it gives you the rear AC controls. I also got the D-plan and walked out the door paying 30,330 for the truck after $3,000 in incentives. I got nearly every option except for upgraded stereo, dvd entertainment or leather.

Here is what my before and after shots of my F-150 are...

Ordered April 30th, picked up June 15th:

[Broken External Image]:

Mods done July 1st and 2nd:

[Broken External Image]:

So far I'm lovin' this truck!

I had a 2003, 4x2, XLT, 29,500 miles.... they gave me $15,000. I think I could have sold it privately for more... but then again, why would anybody pay 17k for a used one, when they could pay for 21-23k for a new one? I was too happy about the deal on the F150 to let it be a deal breaker.

[Broken External Image]:

Pickup trucks are one of the highest profit vehicles in Ford's fleet. Even with the large incentives, they are still making money on each one.

Guess I'm in the minority, but I really don't care for the styling of the new F-150. Too many manufacturers are going the "Blocky" styling route for my tastes.

I am totally against crome on any vehicle. It seem as if all automakers are going to start puting crome on thier automobiles. I think it looks horrid.

I am not a big fan ov the square look, but everyone is going that way. I guess it beats the upside down bathtub design.

Tom

I agree the F-150 is too "blocky" The only ones I like a lot are the step-side variants. Unfortunately, those beds aren't offered as a Super Crew. :(

The Trac was almost perfect. No crome. They finally got an option to eliminate the cheap looking plastic bumpers and get rid of the crap drum brakes. Now Ford is goint to ruin it with a crome grill that looks like a Jetta and Titan. Oh, how original.

Tom

$29,500 too much for a new full size, 4x4, 4 door truck with a ton of bells and whistles? Show me a better deal. Dodge and Chevy have nearly identical prices. I wont even mention foreign trucks.

Just as you would never buy new... I would never buy used. Different philosophy I guess.

Latest posts