• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trading a 1st Gen Cap for Tonneau Cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnAlan21

Reaction score
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong section earlier so I wanted to re-post in the correct section. Apologies!
11.png
12.png
New Sport Trac owner and new to the site. I have a white Century cap with 3 opening windows on it from my 2002 Sport Trac I just purchased. I'm looking to trade for a tonneau cover that will also fit. The cap is great, but I prefer the tonneau cover look. I don't know how much this cap or any tonneaus are currently worth, I'm hoping someone can help lead me in the right direction here. I added 2 pics to show how it looks and how the windows open. Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks.

What’s your location?
Great info to have in a post

And for me, it’s the wrong color. Lol
b1882ee37085b305c3ab5f5819bfe5b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s your location?
Great info to have in a post

And for me, it’s the wrong color. Lol
b1882ee37085b305c3ab5f5819bfe5b0.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. I'm located in Hudson, NH. It looks like you have the OEM cover. I found one in a classified for dirt cheap and says its in good shape. Are there any things I should be lookin out for when I take a look at it? Known issues they may have? I saw one on a Sport Trac that didn't look like it was sitting flat. Kind of warped looking I guess whereas yours looks nice and flat. And in the picture of the one for sale, the handles seem to be hanging off. I appreciate any info again!

Make sure the strikers are present. The handles were held on with a plastic tether, they just pop back in but are often broken. I have a spare that I pillage parts off when needed. Not for me but those bed caps are pretty high in demand and usually for one in good shape you should expect between 2-4 hundred bucks in my area. Congrats on the new ride, my 2002 is one of my most prized possessions. You’d probably be doing yourself a favor to join some of the Facebook sport trac groups to sell it. Good luck!

Make sure the locks work and they have the keys. Check the rubber seals, mine keeps 100% of water out.

if your on Facebook, some one my do the trade there.

This web page has one, The my sport trac, Ford explorer sport trac owners and Sport trac and ranger 4 door owners are the big 3.