Trading in XST for an 07 LTD... Possibly.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Well I am seriously considering the 07 ST... The family pricing is back and it looks as though I can get a totally loaded ST LTD V8 for under 40k CAD... The thing that attracts me is the v8, and the interior... I really want to lower it, but I guess time will be the factor in this, until someone comes up with a way to do this.

Anyways, I had a couple questions...

What kinda HP can you get outta this engine? Is this the same engine as the ford mustang GT as i've heard? Is the power MUCH, MUCH better from the factory than the v6 GEN1?

Also, is there anything significant coming on the 08 that I should wait for?

Chris,

The other day Lil Red posted that there are a couple of new options...

The 2008 Sport Trac will come standard with the New One-Touch Integrated Start Ignition switch.

The Ford Sync voice-activated communications and entertainment system will be an option for the 08 ST model.

Lil Red

If you decide to trade it in will you be selling any parts off it. If you are I would like the painted tailgate handle and the rear cab spoiler. They would go perfect on my silver Trac. :D

George

Last edited by a moderator:
haha! i can't believe people are already after the parts on your trac!

can i get 1st on the tail lights? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!????????? George did it first!

Id like to sell the entire thing in one shot, if I can...

I am still debating... There are a ton of things I can/want to do to it, but its just getting old, and needs a new paint job all together, and could use new rubber around the windows, wheel wells, etc...

We will see, ive been pondering this for months, but still no solid decision.

XST, why don't you post an ad and try to sell it yourself and see what you can get for it. Or see how bad your local Ford dealerships wants to sell a new 07 and see if they'll give you a good price on a trade.

In regards to your original questions.....

1. Not sure what's the maximum HP you can get out of the motor, at this time aftermarket performance parts arenot widely available.

2. It does have the same base motor as the Mustang although there are obviously some differences: the exhaust is not the same, I doubt the PCM programming is the same, and obviously the drive train is different (it's a truck opposed to a sports car).

3. An additional 2000lb towing capacity over the gen 1 ST says something about it capabilities. While it's no rocket ship, it's got ample power for the size vehicle that it is and it get's descent gas mileage for a V8.

As far as waiting on the 08, if you want to get the exact Trac that you want (color and option wise) then order an 08. If you can find what you like on a lot then you won't be missing much in the 07. The ONLY additional "standard feature" that I know of so far is the New One-Touch Integrated Start Ignition switch. The Ford Sync voice-activated communications and entertainment system will be an optional feature and personaly I would save the money and do an aftermarket navigation system (which is what I did in my 07).

Edit: 3 additional STANDARD features will be on the 08 ST which will include Fog Lamps, Safety Canopy, and Power Rear Sliding Window all of which were options on the 07 ST. This is sure to drive the base price up in addition to whatever standard price increase Ford implements so you might seriously consider an 07 if some of the current options don't tickle your fnacy because you will be obligated to them on the 08:eek:

Last edited by a moderator: