Trailer Brake/Charge wiring question?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Nodine

Reaction score
We have a 2007 Sport Trac V8 4WD with the 3500lb receiver and the 4 pin trailer connector.

I need to add a 7 pin trailer connector for battery charge and electric trailer brakes. We don't need the back up light feature. When I look in the fuse/relay boxes the fuses and relays are there for the 7 pin connector but I can't find the brake controller plug under the dash or the extra wires tied back at the rear bumper. Does the brake controller plug exist under the dash on my truck even through it has the light duty trailer plug? Do the wires for the trailer brakes and trailer charge go back to the rear and I just can't find them?

Thanks for you help,

Bob Nodine

2007 Sport Trac V8 4WD

The brake controller connector is under the dash to the right of the steering column, just under the edge. Unfortunately, the only wires to the back are the ones you already have for the 4 pin. It's a completely different harness for the 7 pin.

Bob, I have an 07 Limited with only the 4 wire trailer connection. I purchased a 7-pin adapter for the 4 wire from EZ Trailer for $99.00. The on-line video on their website and printed instructions with the product were very good. It took me a while crawling under the truck (I didn't have a lift) but other than that it was an easy install. Check out the site as they have good prices on the Prodigy brake controller as well. Bob in Florida

Bob, I am amending what I advised and sending more accurate information. The company is Etrailer.com, adapter kit #ETBC7 currently priced at $53.50. I got my prices mixed up, my Prodigy Tekonsha was $99.00. Bob

I have a brand new connector I had made that is 4 pin to 7 pin round. I was going to use my friends trailer and had it made but I never used it. I dont think it has a brake controller leads though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts