trailer hitch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James B 3

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a trailer hitch off of ebay? If so, which one did you choose that is offered and where you satisfied. I need a hitch, prefer tube design. As usuall thanks

James

I only recommend it if your going to repaint it or have it linex 'ed...

MY Ebay hitch has lost all its paint in 1 year...

Todd z

The Uhual hitch (at least mine is) is made by Valley. I had some issues with rust, but otherwise, it does what it is supposed to do. The FL salt air probably didnt help.

I wouldnt buy from Uhaul simply because their company leadership is a bunch of Morons. Better yet, go to Uhaul and set every thing up to get it installed, then ask them if you can rent a trailer..... when the say no, tell 'em sorry!

Todd's right. Have your hitch Line-X'd prior to installation. I did, and it only cost me $65. It was well worth it.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Train. This summer my hitch and westin bar are coming off and getting line-x'd.

I think that looks great..

Todd Z

ok. I will order one and get it Line-x'd. Thanks for the info guys. Also, Trac, where did you get your wiring kit for trailers?

James

I had the seven-pin wiring harness and brake controller installed through my RV dealer when I bought my hybrid TT.

Latest posts