Trailer Running Lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
Help,

The running lights on my trailer don't work. I would like to trouble shoot but I'm trying to find where the running lights get voltage from. With my ST's lights on, what voltages should I see on the 4 prong factory connector?

Brake left right and hazard all work but for some reason running lights are a no go.

Thanks,

Putz

The factory plug is pron eto corrosion. Check if plug is clean. Next make sure running lights wire us properly connected. Loose or corrosed wires will cause this problem.

Check the plugs on the harness on the truck. The system is 12 volts. That is what you should get.

I am willing to bet the problem is the trailer and not the vehicle.

Tom

Well, I found fuse 19 (i think don't qoute) was blown. Now of course I wondering how it blew. So I will take the trailer out for another test run sometime this week to see if we have a short somewhere.

My friend has an 02 ST, and every time we use his truck to pull our bikes it always blows the fuse for the running lights. It's a small utility trailer and only has 4 small running lights, in addition to the 2 standard size tail lights. Has anyone else noticed this happening......