Tranny Finally Fixed!?!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
May 18th I send my Trac in to the shop to have the Transmission fixed....

June 16th I get the call that it is 100% fixed and everything is guaranteed!

That's almost a flipping month.

I think I have finally pieced together what happened to my Trac and why all this nonsense happened. End of the day I came out of pocket 400.00.

When I go pick her up she better run strong and true or there will be hell to pay!

Now I am debating holding on to her or finding a replacement...

If they really got it fixed, I would like to bring mine to that shop! Otherwise I am trading for an FJ Cruiser...my tranny has been acting up again as well.

Brett

Now Woppy, did you put all the OEM intake and stuff back on? I know you had a post about that recently. If it's still doing the same thing, you need to rip them a new one. Sorry again to hear you are having these problems.:(

Damn......Woppy.......your not making me feel very good about taking mine in for tranny service if yours is still messing up :(

BINGO! BINGO! BINGO!!

DONE! DONE! DONE!

FINISHED! FINISHED! FINISHED!

AND OHHHH HELL YES!

The road to finally getting here is SUPER LONG and I can't type it right now because it would be like rewriting the bible + I have a meeting in 10... but long story short...

My tranny was bad, my MAF sensor was coated in K&N oil, Ford had me in a funky position that if I informed them of some info I would void my warrantys, an old tune from the early beginnings was brought back out of retirement, and my K&N FIPK was returned to working status. SHE RUNS LIKE THE EVIL MOTHER SHE WAS 6 MONTHS AGO!

Last edited by a moderator:
So it still wasn't right with the stock tune and now it's ok with an aftermarket tune. If it was me I wouldn't be happy until it was perfect with the stock tune, you may just be disguising a more serious problem.

Latest posts