Tranny Fluid and EPC adjustment

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Free

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting my transmission flushed soon, but was also wanting to replace the filter and do the EPC adjustment.

My question is since im going to be taking the car some where to do the full tranny flush, but doing the filter and EPC myself, what should i do about the fact that i will be draining the transmission?

I dont want to replace the fluid twice. Would there be a problem with changing the filter and putting the old fluid back in just long enough to drive 5 minutes to the shop for the flush?

Thanks for the help.

You are actually only replacing 4 of the 12 qt of fluid by dropping the pan. The flush replaces it all. Do the flush and then the rest. This way the old filter will have the crap from the flush and the new one will be nice and clean.;)

I still will have to have 16 qts of fluid rather than twelve, and being a college student I want to try to spend the least amount of money possible.

You won't if you use a clean catch pan for the fluid when you do the EPC/Filter change. I just wouldn't do the filter change before you do the flush. Doesn't make much sence to put old dirty fluid back in after putting a nice clean filter in.;)

I did the same as you are wanting to do, how I did it was-1. Have the flush done, 2.drop the pan and save the fluid that comes out in a clean pan,3.Do EPC adjustment & replace old filter with new,4.Put drain plug in trans pan,5.put pan back on,6.put fluid back in, done.

ray m.