Tranny Flush Issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had my transmission flushed over the weekend. Driving to work this morning, I noticed it hesitating between 1st and 2nd. I'm going to see if I can bring it back later today, but does that sound like a step was missed or is it just adjusting to what was done? Thanks

Did they use Mercon V or something else in the flush? Did you have the filter changed, or just a flush? Wrong fluid will obviously cause a problem, and if the filtter was installed wrong, that will too...

Check level and if they used the correct fluid. I had mine done by the dealer last week and no issues. Actually the shifting is much better now.

I would suspect that they used the wrong fluid, but that is going to be very hard to prove now. Some places use a so-called Universal fluid that they claim meets or exceeds all manufacturer's specifications, but I'm very sceptical of that when ig comes to Mercon-V.

When I get my transmission flushed, I am charged a bit more because the Mercon-V is more expensive.

If you did not get any guarantee, they may just say that the problem existed before you brought in your truck for the Flush? I have always told the place that does my transmission flushes that they are welcomed to test drive the vehicle before they do the flush, so that any problems after the flush were caused by them and they will honor their guarantee. They have never test drove the truck, and fortunately I have never had any problems after a flush. In fact my vehicles have always drove and shifted better than they did before the flush. But I also know that they use a 100% Mercon-V compatible synthetic fluid made by Pennzoil. I even seen the lard drum it comes in, and watched the whole flush process to insure that they used the correct fluid, and that nothing improper was done.

...Rich