Tranny help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
OK it looks like my tranny is getting ready to take a poop. I was playing in the snow this AM and went around a turn and gave it some gas to break the tires loose, then all the sudden it was like I was in neutral, engine revved but tranny did nothing. Then my O/D light started blinking. So I let of the gas and it finally re-engaged and took off. So I then proceed to keep on going and do my errands, and it is starting to slip more often, but my O/D light is not flashing like it was before.

Any ideas????

Sounds like you beat it to death..... :wacko::wacko:

Seriously....

I would check the fluid level, Then disconnect the battery ( NEG cable ) for about 15 min...

Let it reset everything... Drive easy for a day or so... IF it feels like it is slipping or acting up, get it in to the shop ASAP...

Todd Z

I have a similar prob. These days have been pretty frigid here in Eastern Canada and I have noticed that (in reverse only) my tranny will seem to go to neutral then will engage again and only when cold. My check engine will come on with a code (0702 I think) "sensor out of range PRND21" is the description and every odd time I will also get an O/D light flash.

Is this a sign of a bad tranny or just requires the shift position sensor to be adjusted or replaced?

Thanks,

Denis