Tranny & Valve Body ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
Need some Tranny Question Aid.

10,000 miles ago I had a new Tranny thrown in because the other was shot.

Ford will replace/fix anything regarding the actual Tranny for 65,000 miles etc. So my Tranny is still covered.

They informed me that the Valve Body has to be replaced. We never talked about price because I assumed that the Valve Body and Tranny go hand in hand and thus should be covered by the warranty. I will be picking up my trac later on and wanted to see if you all agree or not.

The valve body is inside and part of the tranny. If the valve body fails, the tranny will fail. The valve body is inside the tranny. The tranny is useless without a valve body.

Tom

So I got a call. The vavle body was put in and the flare is still happening. Ford seems baffled but are ripping out the tranny to look over it. I got a funny feeling they are going to be throw yet another new one in...

:( Without a trac for even longer. I hate Mercury Sables now! <- the loaner

Evidently the flare lasted long enough to wear the clutches and band, from the slippage. Sometimes on a hot trans it dont take long. The clutch paks dont have alot of friction material. Like brake pads or a manual trans clutch.

Latest posts