Tranny's gettin rebuilt.... . :(

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Griffith 2

Reaction score
Well.. 3rd and Reverse went out on the tranny last night.. Complete rebuild needed, clutches gone..I got some estimates and gonna have to chunk out 1,500-1,800...Ugh.. This is the 2nd one. :angry: When I bought the Trac from Carmax about 3 years back it had about 70,000 on it.. I had it a couple days and noticed the 2-3 flare. I took it back and Carmax and they had it sent off to have a rebuilt tranny installed. Trac ran great till now. So, I'm at 130,00..out of warranty of course, and this one goes.. But I am happy with the shop I found, they provide a free rental car and have the best warranty (2 years, unlimited miles) I have found around. Most are offering a 12 month 30,000 mile warranty. I had it diagnosed at one placed that ended up wanting about 600 more than the shop I found. Well anyway, just needed to vent.. Already cant wait to get it back.

That does suck, But in that 60K mils you drove it, did you service the tranny at all ??

Todd Z

I agree..... It just sicks that even a rebuilt one blows up.... make sure they USE NEW shift and EPC Solenoids, do not let them reuse them.....

Todd Z