Trans had a heart attack

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S 3

Reaction score
Well I had the mechatronic changed monday and it has been shifting beautifuly. Well today on the way home it started slipping and almost stalled. She had trouble getting it to go from a stop light. The yellow wrench is on and so is the traction control light. It's also making a whining sound while running so..... I'm guessing that thing is FUBAR again. I'm getting really tired of dealing with this thing. Of course the dealerships are closed because it's after 12 on saturday so I'm outta luck until monday and don't you worry i'll be there bright and early.

Thumb's up to ford !

You'd think that after all the troubles the first generation ST's had with trannys that Ford would've figured out all the problems before putting it out on the market. Oh well. GM doesn't have near the problems with their trannys but IMO their cooling systems, the older systems that have the belt driven cooling fan, and their oil pan gaskets leave alot to be desired too.

Well went to the dealer. The TCM that came on the new mechatronic is fried. Everytime the trans gets to operating temperature it throws the trans into limp mode ( 3rd and 5th only ). So now another mechatronic is on the way and i'm driving a fusion. I can't belive my luck.