Trans. Service?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody Hodnett

Reaction score
:unsure:107k on 02 ST. My mech. recomends a Transmission service, @ $119.00, How important is this? He also said I needed a Fuel Injection Cleaning @ $119.00. Which do I go for first?

Thanks Ya'll.

A new mechanic...

Only get the trans flush done at Ford, and you can do the fuel filter and cleaner yourself...

Here's my thoughts:

Tranny service very important, specially considering the known issues with our transmissions (I'd get it done at a dealership)

Injector cleaning...NOT. Modern fuels have additives in them to keep the injectors clean, therefore, it's not likely you "need" fuel injection cleaning. That being said, it does mean you won't reap any benefit from cleaning your fuel injection system but that depends on a lot of things. Are you suffering from poor performance, worse than average fuel economy, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironically enough, both services are the same price.

Find a new mechanic. He is a con artist!!!

Tom

Do the tranny flush!

Fuel injector cleaning? As said, most name brand fuels have an additive already to keep them clean. Unless you have some hesitation, I wouldn't worry about it.

120k, and I've never had the injectors professionally cleaned, Actucally, I've never added any additive to any fluid.

I've changed my fuel filter twice now, and every other filter and fluid there is.