Transmision Fill

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Cunnings

Reaction score
I have a 2008 adrenaline with the 4.6 AWD and 6 speed. I embarked on changing my tranny fluid and am stuck. Can someone please help me ASAP I can not drive it. Where the heck did they put the fill at? No under the hood place that I see. Oh and whoever decided to stop putting drain plugs on these needs to be shot.

I use the dip stick tube ( make sure its the tranny tube, not the oil tube ). I make a funnel out of paper that fits the hole, and some tape if you don't have a clean funnel. you might have to make a couple to get all the fluid in and take your time.

Make sure you don't over fill. If you just dropped the pan and filter change then start with 4 litres/quarts and then check level with engine running and shift though the gears. once you are close take it for a drive and check again. My 05 4x4 took 4.5 liters when I did it.

Ford did away with the long tranny dip stick. Now it is a small one down on the tranny. That is where you fill it also.

I will look, I did not see a dip stick on there. I am used to Manuals where you fill them on the tranny and can not find anything for the life of me.

From what some of the members that have '08s have said it looks like a plug where the dipstick tube used to be. There is a small small dipstick on the plug.

Is it the silver looking thing on the passanger side front? Looks almost like a three inch long bolt head. Is it treaded? Feels like it is sealed so I did not want to crank on it, without knowing. Also it is a 6 speed if that makes a differance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure. I was doing a search for you. Couldnt find the post with pics,of the 6 speed. It probably is on passenger side. It should be at a downward position on the trans case, above the pan.