Transmissin shifting from drive to OD all the time

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aj Renn

Reaction score
The trans. keeps down shifting from OD to Drive when going down the highway @ posted speed. 65-70 mph. What could be the problum ? it is A 2wd 2001

Thanks !!

Aj.

Cant help with what is wrong. But our transmissions are very expensive to fix, if you wait too long. Get it to a reputable shop. If you wait till the O/D light starts flashing. It can go from a few hundred. To a couple of thousand. Dont wait.

OK, thanks. it is my Moms in Louisville Ky. do you know any good shops in Louisville KY. to take it to? Thanks for any help.

Aj.

We have some members in Louisville. Maybe they will chime in...

The flashing of the O/D light means the computer is detecting a problem with the trans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this was part of the 2001 tranny blowing a valve body gasket.....

Or the converter lock up is what your feeling and the converter or solenoid is going bad..

They sell upgraded ( Not high performance) parts for the valve body... I would change the solenoid and valve body gasket..

Obviously check your fluid, filter and level..

Todd Z

ok. I will let her know, & that would be great if someone from Louisville would chim in to help her out. IM from MI. & she is like 5.5 hours from me. Thanks for the help & if anyone have any other ideas IM open to suggestions.

Aj.

I frequent Bill Collins Ford/Mercury and/or Byerly Ford in Louisville. Both are very professional, prompt, and have free shuttle service.

HTH

ChadW

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks, she bought her truck at Byerly Ford & she's going to take it over there to have it looked it.

Thanks

Aj.