Transmission Additive

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Kirby

Reaction score
Hi all,

Any opinions / horror stories / good experiences out there on adding Slick 50 Trans Treatment to an "01 ST with 110,000 miles......?

Had the trans flushed at approx 85,000. Had some work done on the trans to cure flare problem. No other real problems but trans sounds like it is "grinding" or a little "dry". I have checked fluid levels and all semms fine. Front and ear diffs just had fluid change also.

If I do it can I just add to the existing fluid...? Will it cause an overfill problem....?

I guess the real question is will it damage anything or be detrimental.....?

Any help would be great......thanks

Limey

Hmmmm... I remember in a post in this forum before was to upgrade the valvebodies and solenoids of our trannies, do the EPC adjustment, and don't go to them kwik lube tranny fluid changers. Might as well drop the pan when changing tranny fluid.

All those additives are just new additive packages for the fluid. Oil base is all the same, what makes it different is the additive package the manufacturer puts in the fluid.

IT is good to add something like that if you just changed your pan and only 5 qts of the 12 qts in the tranny....

Other wise they are really good for nothing, THe best thing is to regulary change your fluid and you will be fine..

Todd Z

Todd,

What would be the recommended interval? Is it better to have a flush like what the dealers are doing or drop the pan as discussed in our projects page? You input is highly appreciated.

Mike

I personally would flush the transmission every 30K and then do the filter every 60K...

I beleive the ST manual says fluid and filter every 60K..

I have a pan with a drain plug in it, so i can do some of the fluid when ever i want...

Todd Z

Latest posts