Transmission adjustment

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Bendfeldt

Reaction score
I had my ST at the dealers today for an oil change and a transmission adjustment to try and take care of the dreaded transmission bump. So the service guy tells me it takes a couple hundred miles for the transmission to re-learn the new adjustment. OK I'm good with that but I'm worried about the way it is shifting right now. Bump seems to be gone but it doesn't up shift anything like I feel it should. Doesn't let the rpms build enough before up shifting. Hopefully this will get better or I will have to take it back because it's not good as is. Anybody have any ideas on this? Thanks

Benny

If I remember right, it did take a little time to re-learn -- but I don't think it took 200+ miles.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,

Is that transmission bump a serious thing that has to be taken care of? Every once in a while my 2005 will have that bump after I stop a light. What kind of $$ are the repairs?

Thnaks Bob

Did you pay for that yourself or was yours still under warranty? If you paid for it, how much (labor) did they charge you? Thanks.

Doug

Latest posts