Transmission coolant lines 2001 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

Tried a search or two without success. Here's what I would like to know. I noticed I was leaking some transmission fluid below the radiator. I was hoping it was just the rubber hose, but alas it was one of the steel lines having rusted/corroded to the point of breaking through and leaking. I've tried to find an OEM # so I can replace the lines (the other steel line is corrode in the same spot) Does any one have an OEM # that I can ask for when ordering? And are they actually called coolant lines? I've temporarily repaired it for the time being. This is on a 2001 Sport Trac 2WD Hey thanks ahead of time!:unsure:

When this happened on my older RV, I removed the line, and took it to a local auto parts store, where they made me a new line. We even kept the same threaded fasteners, just cleaned them up. It took the guy about five minutes to cut, bend, slide the fasteners on, then flare the ends. Inexpensive, too, although I don't recall the actual price.

You can also use copper tubing available from a hardware or plubming store. It is plenty strong for a tranny line & will not rust.

Could just cut the line behind the rust, add a new single flair and extend the rubber lines to it....

Todd Z

When this happened on my older RV, I removed the line, and took it to a local auto parts store, where they made me a new line. We even kept the same threaded fasteners, just cleaned them up. It took the guy about five minutes to cut, bend, slide the fasteners on, then flare the ends. Inexpensive, too, although I don't recall the actual price.

stores like that are a rare find in these parts.