Transmission Coolers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Donaldson

Reaction score
I am going to tow a boat that is very near the towing capacity of my trac and want to acquire a transmission cooler to help out. I found this one at autoanything that seemed pretty spiffy(see link). Anyway did a site search and did not turn up much soo... if anyone has one or has a suggestion it would be much appreciated.

keep on trac'n

-Don

The ST has one from the factory, You can add a secondary 15,000 cooler fairly easily....

Mine, Paul's and Rachel's ST's all have secondary coolers..

Todd Z

Todd is correct. and with the reputation of the Sport Trac's stransmission, I would recommend a secondary cooler, especially if you are towing anything.

...Rich

Richard, Does this go for an 07 V8 with a 6 speed tranny as well? Should I get a transmission cooler?

I tow around 5k.

Yes, you should be able to tell by looking at where the lines run. If there are high pressure lines that run from the engine radiator to a second small radiator that would be the tranny cooler. Usually the tranny cooler is placed in a horizontal position in the front area of the truck.

Latest posts