Transmission Leak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProjectSparta

Reaction score
So When I was getting ready to leave to go to work, I noticed when I was backing up a TON of fluid on the pavement. SO I took off the bottom plastic molding and more fluid fell out.

The fluid was red and oily. So I checked the trasmission fluid level, and it was zip. The fluid is shooting out down near the radiatior, bottom right corner, I looked all around there and couldent find were it was comming from, were is the transmission fluid line running?

Sorry I had to go to work and didnt have the time to trouble shoot it. ANy suggestions, or pictures would help so I can fix it when I get home.

Well there are some lines that run back that are REALLY rusted, there loctated right under the radiatior, But those are fine, Its comming from above that, I cant see what its comming from, its just dripping out.

I'm gessing your tranny cooler lines are leaking. Tranny cooler will be in front of the rad that looks like a smaller rad. Had one go on my old pathfinder at hunting a couple of years ago.....looked like I was the one that got shot.:D I didnlt think a tranny line could spit fluids to that extent. There was fluids all over the underneath of my hood, through the rad, front bumper. Pretty messy......luckily I noticed early and it didn't kill the tranny.

D